TA: Kingdoms Community Forum
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Forum Sections

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Reorganize the forums?
Yes - How?
67%
 67% [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6
 

AuthorMessage
Sage
Lead Designer of Ta Kingdoms: The New Era
avatar

Posts : 1034
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2008-08-02
Age : 30
Location : West Haven

PostSubject: Forum Sections   Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Any ideas?

_________________
http://takuniverse.webs.com/ - TAK downloads
www.cristian-fuentealba.com - Graphic Design
GameRanger ID: 4138935
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cristian-fuentealba.com
DeeKay
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 516
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 18
Location : Brazil - SP

PostSubject: Re: Forum Sections   Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:33 pm

I would like to filter the order that the topics would appear, for example, the most viewed in the top, and then it gonna decreasing. :X

_________________


Nick: DeeKay
GameRanger Account ID: 1184157
E-mail (Skype, Outlook and Facebook): Henrique-MS@Outlook.com
All TA:K Downloads Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/AllTAKDownloads
All TA:K Downloads Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AllTAKDownloads

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/ Online
Sage
Lead Designer of Ta Kingdoms: The New Era
avatar

Posts : 1034
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2008-08-02
Age : 30
Location : West Haven

PostSubject: Re: Forum Sections   Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Whoever is voting yes, tell me what you would like to see!

I don't know if that's possible Manolo, but I'll look into it.

_________________
http://takuniverse.webs.com/ - TAK downloads
www.cristian-fuentealba.com - Graphic Design
GameRanger ID: 4138935
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cristian-fuentealba.com
Bardan

avatar

Posts : 410
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2010-05-26
Age : 31
Location : Proletariat Republic of Arza

PostSubject: Re: Forum Sections   Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:31 am

Kingdoms Revamp

The problem is the general confusion of where to place certain topics... I think in part because there are so many forums and sub forums which could be combined.  With that in mind, here is what I would try... Specific topics might still be in the "wrong" areas, but overall the system should work to the benefit of the community.

First, leave the Important info forum as-is, but rename it Announcements and make it the ONLY place for the 'global announcements.'

General Chat should combine the current forums (and sub forums where stated) of General Chat (w/o subforms) and Ideas and Suggestions (combined into one w/ all sub forms). Clan Chat should be made a subforum of this 'greater' General Chat. Finally A sub forum should be created for Fanfiction and Roleplaying.
So structured as the following:
General Chat (for everything and anything even half-way TAK related)
->Clan Chat
->Fanfiction & Roleplaying

Create a Gameplay forum to combine the (General Chat) sub forum of TAK players, the Strategies, and the current 'Screenshots' Battle Logs sub forums. Keep a sub forum for (General Chat) TAK Videos and the rest of the Screenshots subforums, but combine them all into a single subforums called 'Images' or somesuch.
So structured as the following:
Gameplay (for all gameplay discussion, including personal stories, tactics, and setting up meets at GameRanger)
->Images

Do away with the separate TA:K Mods forum. Instead, combine it into a forum with the Downloads and Tutorials forums and subforums, all restructured accordingly.  Call it something like 'Mods and 3rd Party' or the like.
So structured as the following:
Mods and 3rd Party (within will be all discussion of tools, tutorials, bug-fixes, questions about 3rd party everything; since there are only 3 threads in the other two Mods section, just fold them here)
->New Era (subforums for all mod pack discussion)
->Downloads (subforum for all current available download discussion, complete with a stickies thread with a working link to all downloads)

Tis will give you significant reduction in forums and topical overlap. The final structure should look like this. Bold are forums, arrows are subforums. There should be no additional subforums, most of the material covered in current subforums could more easily be accessed and stored in single stickied threads if necessary.
General Chat
->Clan Chat
->Fanfiction & Roleplaying
Gameplay
->Images
Mods and 3rd Party
->New Era
->Downloads
Back to top Go down
View user profile
$_ARTHAN

avatar

Posts : 765
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-03-01
Age : 27
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Forum Sections   Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:07 am

Bardan wrote:
Kingdoms Revamp

The problem is the general confusion of where to place certain topics... I think in part because there are so many forums and sub forums which could be combined.  With that in mind, here is what I would try... Specific topics might still be in the "wrong" areas, but overall the system should work to the benefit of the community.

First, leave the Important info forum as-is, but rename it Announcements and make it the ONLY place for the 'global announcements.'

General Chat should combine the current forums (and sub forums where stated) of General Chat (w/o subforms) and Ideas and Suggestions (combined into one w/ all sub forms). Clan Chat should be made a subforum of this 'greater' General Chat. Finally A sub forum should be created for Fanfiction and Roleplaying.
So structured as the following:
General Chat (for everything and anything even half-way TAK related)
->Clan Chat
->Fanfiction & Roleplaying

Create a Gameplay forum to combine the (General Chat) sub forum of TAK players, the Strategies, and the current 'Screenshots' Battle Logs sub forums. Keep a sub forum for (General Chat) TAK Videos and the rest of the Screenshots subforums, but combine them all into a single subforums called 'Images' or somesuch.
So structured as the following:
Gameplay (for all gameplay discussion, including personal stories, tactics, and setting up meets at GameRanger)
->Images

Do away with the separate TA:K Mods forum. Instead, combine it into a forum with the Downloads and Tutorials forums and subforums, all restructured accordingly.  Call it something like 'Mods and 3rd Party' or the like.
So structured as the following:
Mods and 3rd Party (within will be all discussion of tools, tutorials, bug-fixes, questions about 3rd party everything; since there are only 3 threads in the other two Mods section, just fold them here)
->New Era (subforums for all mod pack discussion)
->Downloads (subforum for all current available download discussion, complete with a stickies thread with a working link to all downloads)

Tis will give you significant reduction in forums and topical overlap.  The final structure should look like this. Bold are forums, arrows are subforums. There should be no additional subforums, most of the material covered in current subforums could more easily be accessed and stored in single stickied threads if necessary.
General Chat
->Clan Chat
->Fanfiction & Roleplaying
Gameplay
->Images
Mods and 3rd Party
->New Era
->Downloads

^
This!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
$_Spagg

avatar

Posts : 386
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2010-10-31
Age : 104
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Forum Sections   Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:41 am

DK-Manolo wrote:
I would like to filter the order that the topics would appear, for example, the most viewed in the top, and then it gonna decreasing. :X

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeeKay
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 516
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 18
Location : Brazil - SP

PostSubject: Re: Forum Sections   Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:09 am

$_Spagg wrote:
DK-Manolo wrote:
I would like to filter the order that the topics would appear, for example, the most viewed in the top, and then it gonna decreasing. :X


What does it have to do with what I said? -.-

I'm talking about this:



I don't know how to explain, but I think you understood. And it's not only with views, names and autors too (alphabetic order).

OKAAY this is not that important but sometimes misses. =P

_________________


Nick: DeeKay
GameRanger Account ID: 1184157
E-mail (Skype, Outlook and Facebook): Henrique-MS@Outlook.com
All TA:K Downloads Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/AllTAKDownloads
All TA:K Downloads Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AllTAKDownloads

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/ Online
Sage
Lead Designer of Ta Kingdoms: The New Era
avatar

Posts : 1034
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2008-08-02
Age : 30
Location : West Haven

PostSubject: Re: Forum Sections   Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:06 pm

Well what do you think?

_________________
http://takuniverse.webs.com/ - TAK downloads
www.cristian-fuentealba.com - Graphic Design
GameRanger ID: 4138935
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cristian-fuentealba.com
Bardan

avatar

Posts : 410
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2010-05-26
Age : 31
Location : Proletariat Republic of Arza

PostSubject: Re: Forum Sections   Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:56 am

Truthfully, the modifications have not solved the inherent issue of confusion. The Tutorials forum might as well be folded into the Downloads as a single subforum, because those tutorials are theoretically meant to education members on how the use the programs in the downloads section.

Meanwhile, the Images folder might as well be folded into the Strategies forum as a subforum. I dislike a specific subforum for each race in Strategies as well. It effectively isolates, when the idea should be to include and break down walls.

I still stand by my theory of combining Ideas & Suggestions and General Chat as well, with Clan Forums as subforums for General Chat.

_________________
Tyrak Reformist
Under Active Progress
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sage
Lead Designer of Ta Kingdoms: The New Era
avatar

Posts : 1034
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2008-08-02
Age : 30
Location : West Haven

PostSubject: Re: Forum Sections   Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Bardan, I agree with some of your ideas, but on the other hand, combining too many forums and making others as subforums will cause even more confusion, and players will have a hard time finding posts.

The way it is right now, I think it shows everything much clearer and easier to find. If you are looking for something, then you simply click on the section you want right from the start, rather than clicking and clicking and more clicking to get to the section people are looking for.

For the strategies section, "isolating" or giving each race a more structure section allow players to find a strategy for a particular race much easier rather than mixing everything together. I understand you could do that with the general discussion forum, but when you want resources to be found, then you need a structure.

_________________
http://takuniverse.webs.com/ - TAK downloads
www.cristian-fuentealba.com - Graphic Design
GameRanger ID: 4138935
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cristian-fuentealba.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Forum Sections   

Back to top Go down
 
Forum Sections
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» On Sale-MT forum with .com domain[Romanian forum]
» TOwowCN - Suppot forum 3.3.5
» Forum Skin
» Forum Ranks
» TCI Official Forum Ranking System

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Community Forum :: GENERAL :: Ideas and Suggestions-
Jump to: