TA: Kingdoms Community Forum
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 How to play?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: How to play?   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:03 pm

I'll just let the images speak for themselves. And yes, the first base to get rushed was a newb.











Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of Ta Kingdoms: The New Era
avatar

Posts : 1034
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2008-08-02
Age : 30
Location : West Haven

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:10 pm

were you watching that game, hate? who were the 2 newbies? Razz

_________________
http://takuniverse.webs.com/ - TAK downloads
www.cristian-fuentealba.com - Graphic Design
GameRanger ID: 4138935
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cristian-fuentealba.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:33 pm

Eduardo and IMP_Akshay (Joker?).

I just wanted to reinforce my point I made in my Devolution post. Also, if this is how we treat new people, don't expect them to stick around.
Back to top Go down
CTRL

avatar

Posts : 82
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:28 am

why do people do this rushing a newb in under 5 minutes doesn't make you a good player.
when i play a newb i make the game last a while and use new tactics to give them a chance. build the dragons and things the game will be much more fun for everyone.
eventually they will get better the most important thing is to make them enjoy the game then they will stick around
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACE

avatar

Posts : 267
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:42 pm

Well we'll never see that player again...
Congrats, I hope it made you feel really superior myst

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

avatar

Posts : 313
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 23
Location : Southern California

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:13 pm

CTRL wrote:
why do people do this rushing a newb in under 5 minutes doesn't make you a good player.
when i play a newb i make the game last a while and use new tactics to give them a chance. build the dragons and things the game will be much more fun for everyone.
eventually they will get better the most important thing is to make them enjoy the game then they will stick around

yeah, wanna bet if hate and capt had done that shit to me would i hav stayed? \"****\' no i wouldve split, and i wouldve never done any of the shit ive done for the TAK community. They totaly destroyed my treb philosophy i got from playing the AI (build 20 trebs and u will win) with 1 fallen angel. im glad they didnt rush me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Don't turn this into a Myst bashing thread, he's a good player and I've never had a problem with that. He didn't know Eduardo was a very new player and probably mistook him for a smurf, because we really don't see enw people here. I usually edit the photos and cut the names so it doesn't look like I'm accusing anyone of foul play.

Don't think for one second that this isn't the only time it's happened, and don't bash Myst because of a probable misinterpretation of the event.

Besides, [b]rushing a new player is not the point of the post.[/i]

Look at how grouped mana has made all of you retarded so you resort to a single tactic. Rush rush rush, send in the heavy unit (monarch) and wave everything back to the stone age.

I'm furious about that style of gameplay - even taking into account that there is ways to defend against it.

To put it in the nicest words I can, these maps promote a single track of gameplay and offer no diversity, and I feel that they have been raping players out of their creativity for a long time.
Back to top Go down
angel3b



Posts : 427
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:29 pm

i was just seeing this topic, well i have to agree that use rush against a noob is not the best idea for some reasons:
first of all he may not come back, fortunaly i say he will still playing, i dont talk a lot with him but i know he is trying to learn
second thing is rush a noob wont show you how good you are
i like both of the guys who are beeing commented here, well is they style of game maybe idk, but when i get a BR noob i say first i will play like they do in warzone to you have a idea how will be.
i rush them and i say "will be like that", maybe that is the reason of he still playing, even i dont talk a lot with him.
But i need to agree is not nice, even more he cant speak english, and dont even know how to go to mid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joker

avatar

Posts : 373
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 28
Location : evereywhere

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:38 pm

Ace, he is still here, every day he get in warzone, and play a game, anyway he doesnt undertand what happened, he deosnt even understand any language, even his own language.

If oyu have time to lose, go help him. Good luck.

And hatebreeder, you say you dont like this, but your strategy with taros on group mana is to come and wave the base with gs, and then kill mon with blade demon...

cd/dc map or groupred mana, what is the difference ? on the both we use mon, wave, etc...

And if my teamate knew use a mon, this game could turn on another way. Whatever, if you know block rush mon , it could even be an advantage cause the rusher lose his mon, and the next game he wont rush.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:05 pm

Yeah, I do drop Lokken and destroy bases with him because I'm a fucking God at doing it, and that's not speaking metaphorically. It's the best proven way to win on 3rd party maps - I just happen to have a Tier 1 transport, a cloaking monarch, and can drop a Temple on you in 2:30. It's the cheapest way to win and I do it to experienced players all the time. It's a cookie cutter strategy and everyone does the same thing just slightly modified.

Since that's being the best proven way to win on those maps, considering they are small, that's what everyone is going to do.

The basic slice and dice strategy for CD/DC maps can only be used on around 15-20% of them - and that's just my rough estimate. Slice and dice strategy is make 1 builder for every 3 lodestones within your suggested perimiter, have them make 3 lodes then a barracks, and a few builders in the back to tech.

You can't do the basic /+IWIN strategy on every CD/DC map, they are all diverse mainly due to the terrain and nature of the placement of resources.

You always get those idiots who run over to your base and wave 2 builders, 1 lodestone and a couple swordsmen trying to use the +IWIN strategy and it always backfires. Cool, wave it... there's resources ELSEWHERE ON THIS MAP that I can go build a base at - not to mention now that I know your heavy unit is out of your main base I'm going to relocate and destroy yours. Now the entire map is in lingo and it becomes a game of reconnaisance!

Where did he go?

What is he doing?

Does he have another base? Or just the one?



Use your brain.
Back to top Go down
EtherLord-RX

avatar

Posts : 120
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-14
Age : 22
Location : Cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:43 pm

When I first played this game online I was rushed. Many times. All I did was have like 6 swordsman in a little group and suddenly I had like 20 guys and a mon on my base at like 2:00. I nearly shit myself, but I'm still playin'. Then again not everyone is like me. :/

_________________
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
-Confucius

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clay4141

avatar

Posts : 497
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:35 am

I have an idea... however many may not like it. (Besides playing cd/dc, which is A+ in my book)

We could always mod kingdoms and change the way monarchs work in the game...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joker

avatar

Posts : 373
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 28
Location : evereywhere

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:50 am

Nooooooooooo man you are sick, i think you need a rest clay. Oh yea i know what you try to mean, make zhon mon and creon mon a bit better to make it fair, yea why not
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clay4141

avatar

Posts : 497
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:05 am

I was thinking make it so defensive structures can kill monarchs in a couple hits, that way I won't have a monarch running into my base thinking he is a god. And also have it so monarchs do not do alot of damage to eachother. Thus getting rid of the intense mon battling and allowing people to worry more about microing and macroing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarosking-DB



Posts : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-02
Age : 29
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Clay4141 wrote:
I was thinking make it so defensive structures can kill monarchs in a couple hits, that way I won't have a monarch running into my base thinking he is a god. And also have it so monarchs do not do alot of damage to eachother. Thus getting rid of the intense mon battling and allowing people to worry more about microing and macroing.

The issue with that is the fact that the monarch play is actually what sets this game apart from other RTS games.

I'm sorry. I've always been set on one side of this issue and I have never understood the arguement for the otherside. For 11 years I haven't understood playing grouped mana maps. There is a reason that the creators of the game did not make the maps that way. It's absolutely fucking retarded. It takes the vast majority of the skill and intensity out of the game. If everyone wants to sit there and mass units and drop acolytes and treb the shit out of eachother, fine. But it's not the point of the game. It's not why after 11 years I've come back to play it.

The reason this game is exceptional for an RTS is the strategies involved in managing your mana usage, while spreading out on the map to cover more ground, to obtain more mana and then also have to micro units and keep a close eye on your monarch. That's what makes this game special.

And since I've come back it's really disappointing to see that Capt Savage and Double are really the only people who i've seen playing who actually appreciate cd/dc maps. The only games that actually take skill.

3rd party maps are fine. But they should be good 3rd party maps. Spread the mana out, make a player earn it.

Maps with grouped up mana take all the microing, all the intelligent monarch play, and basically everything except build orders out of the game.

I could whole heartidly teach someone who has never played TAK before to be efficient and at least "okay" on a 3rd party map with grouped mana in about 2 hours.

By all means, have fun, play whatever you'd like. But if you want to play TAK the way it was meant to be played, spread the mana out. Play all the amazing DC maps that no one ever seems to want to play because they're difficult or different or some unknown reason to me.

Have a good day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACE

avatar

Posts : 267
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Copperhead wrote:
Clay4141 wrote:
I was thinking make it so defensive structures can kill monarchs in a couple hits, that way I won't have a monarch running into my base thinking he is a god. And also have it so monarchs do not do alot of damage to eachother. Thus getting rid of the intense mon battling and allowing people to worry more about microing and macroing.

The issue with that is the fact that the monarch play is actually what sets this game apart from other RTS games.

I'm sorry. I've always been set on one side of this issue and I have never understood the arguement for the otherside. For 11 years I haven't understood playing grouped mana maps. There is a reason that the creators of the game did not make the maps that way. It's absolutely fucking retarded. It takes the vast majority of the skill and intensity out of the game. If everyone wants to sit there and mass units and drop acolytes and treb the shit out of eachother, fine. But it's not the point of the game. It's not why after 11 years I've come back to play it.

The reason this game is exceptional for an RTS is the strategies involved in managing your mana usage, while spreading out on the map to cover more ground, to obtain more mana and then also have to micro units and keep a close eye on your monarch. That's what makes this game special.

And since I've come back it's really disappointing to see that Capt Savage and Double are really the only people who i've seen playing who actually appreciate cd/dc maps. The only games that actually take skill.

3rd party maps are fine. But they should be good 3rd party maps. Spread the mana out, make a player earn it.

Maps with grouped up mana take all the microing, all the intelligent monarch play, and basically everything except build orders out of the game.

I could whole heartidly teach someone who has never played TAK before to be efficient and at least "okay" on a 3rd party map with grouped mana in about 2 hours.

By all means, have fun, play whatever you'd like. But if you want to play TAK the way it was meant to be played, spread the mana out. Play all the amazing DC maps that no one ever seems to want to play because they're difficult or different or some unknown reason to me.

Have a good day.

well said, there seems to be a growing number of peeps who want to play cd/dc style maps rather than grouped but still the vast majority play grouped. whenever you get to host set up a cd map and hopefully more will begin to appreciate this style of play.

What I really can't understand is how people can play the really bad 3rd party maps which are literally made up of 2 different tiles, plain grass and water stuck together. I mean wtf kind of map is that it causes all kinds of glitches like boats being unable to fire onto land and looks disgusting, the game actually looks retarded with maps like that, and there are many of them, most being uneven, the bottom base smaller than the top. Why are these maps played?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myst

avatar

Posts : 391
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 31
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:29 pm

My time to speak
ACE wrote:
Well we'll never see that player again...
Congrats, I hope it made you feel really superior myst

That really didnt make me superior Ace. Everyone makes mistakes and I dont feel good with that rush but its not solution to attack me like that.

Trust me I've teached alot of newcomers and I did help them with configure game and more.
90% of them dont back here after download game. I dont know why. Maybe because they see game (lets say true - its old game and graphic can push out) maybe they have problems with routers. I dont know.

I will not defend myself. Maybe I thought its smurf, maybe I had bad day. Maybe I wanted to kill him fast because Joker was with him in team?

Anyway I know we shouldnt rush newbies and I always help noobs if they just want my helping hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:35 pm

The post isn't about myst, it's about the poor quality of gameplay on third party maps.

Ask lordjef about our 2 hour game on Iapur Narrows. I have screenshots I'll post after work.

Gold Black Dragon ftw?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of Ta Kingdoms: The New Era
avatar

Posts : 1034
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2008-08-02
Age : 30
Location : West Haven

PostSubject: Re: How to play?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Copperhead wrote:


The issue with that is the fact that the monarch play is actually what sets this game apart from other RTS games.

I'm sorry. I've always been set on one side of this issue and I have never understood the arguement for the otherside. For 11 years I haven't understood playing grouped mana maps. There is a reason that the creators of the game did not make the maps that way. It's absolutely fucking retarded. It takes the vast majority of the skill and intensity out of the game. If everyone wants to sit there and mass units and drop acolytes and treb the shit out of eachother, fine. But it's not the point of the game. It's not why after 11 years I've come back to play it.

The reason this game is exceptional for an RTS is the strategies involved in managing your mana usage, while spreading out on the map to cover more ground, to obtain more mana and then also have to micro units and keep a close eye on your monarch. That's what makes this game special.

And since I've come back it's really disappointing to see that Capt Savage and Double are really the only people who i've seen playing who actually appreciate cd/dc maps. The only games that actually take skill.

3rd party maps are fine. But they should be good 3rd party maps. Spread the mana out, make a player earn it.

Maps with grouped up mana take all the microing, all the intelligent monarch play, and basically everything except build orders out of the game.

I could whole heartidly teach someone who has never played TAK before to be efficient and at least "okay" on a 3rd party map with grouped mana in about 2 hours.

By all means, have fun, play whatever you'd like. But if you want to play TAK the way it was meant to be played, spread the mana out. Play all the amazing DC maps that no one ever seems to want to play because they're difficult or different or some unknown reason to me.

Have a good day.

You couldn't have say it better, and this is the reason why many old players quit this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cristian-fuentealba.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How to play?   

Back to top Go down
 
How to play?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Grade 12s who are going on to play post-secondary, AAA/AA/A
» Proxyservice to play WOTLK on european servers
» battlefield play 4 free
» lets play a game, its called lame excuse
» Those who play Tf2 or interested in Tf2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Community Forum :: GENERAL :: General Chat-
Jump to: